We’re really pleased to have secured White Rose Maths to come to Barrow and deliver Bar Modelling training and at a hugely discounted price of £99 per person. The nearest delivery centre is Manchester, meaning our training not only saves you travel time and expenses but also offers a huge saving of nearly £100 per person on the course price.
Bar Modelling is a cornerstone to the maths mastery approach. It accelerates learning by offering children and young people a visual method of learning and problem solving. This course explores how to use Bar Modelling as a bridge between concrete and abstract methods and gives delegates the skills and confidence to compose their own bar models.
You do not have to be considering a mastery curriculum to benefit as this method can be used to teach a range of mathematical concepts effectively.
Some of the key topics that this training covers include:
• An overview of Bar Modelling and how this powerful approach works.
• How you can prepare students for use of the Bar Modelling approach.
• Extensive examples of how Bar Modelling can be used to help students plan how to solve complex worded problems.
• How Bar Modelling can stretch and challenge your more advanced students.
• Extensive opportunities for you to try your hand at Bar Modelling and understand how to use it in the classroom.
This is an intense one day course designed to allow you to use Bar Modelling with confidence in your classroom.
The course will be delivered by a course leader from White Rose Maths on Wednesday 15th January 2020 09AM-3PM – Furness Academy, Park Dr, Barrow-in-Furness LA13 9BB
Target Audience – KS1-KS3 teachers. nb. Although reception EYFS teachers are welcome to attend, the content is predominantly only relevant for KS1-KS3
|Presenters:||White Rose Maths|
|Date:||Wednesday 15th January 2020|
|Time:||09:00 – 15:00hrs|
|Venue:||Furness Academy, Park Dr, Barrow-in-Furness LA13 9BB|