Working in partnership with the Local Authority we are pleased to offer “Skilful middle leadership which impacts on the Quality of Education”.
The course will be delivered by Joanne Thornhill (General Advisor – Learning Improvement Service) & Nancy Fletcher (SLE)
1st July 2019 1-4.30PM – Abbey House Hotel, Barrow-in-Furness, LA13 0PA
Joanne and Nancy will share successful experiences and approaches to help you perform the variety of skills which are required in leading subjects. You will work through proven management models and will be offered practical activities to help you reflect on how to lead your subject.
Ofsted Framework 2019 – Increase your awareness of the information you will need to discuss with other stakeholders and increase your confidence in effectively leading your role.
Target Audience – Primary curriculum leaders (particularly foundation subjects)
Aims: To develop your experience of leading a subject by:
- Considering action planning and how to implement change
- Using coaching to lead feedback conversations
- Evaluating monitoring process and how they support subject developments
- Developing your skillset at discussing the quality of education with governors or Ofsted Inspectors
By the end of the session you will have:
- Evaluated subject action plans and be more aware of how to use a model for change
- Assessed the skills required for coaching and practised holding a ‘coaching conversation’
- Perused examples of monitoring proformas and understand how they can be used to improve standards
- Improved your knowledge of what you could be asked to discuss commensurate with your role and responsibility in leading a subject
We plan to work with you to share successful experience and approaches to help you perform the variety of skills which are required in leading subjects. We will work together through proven management models and offer practical activities to help you reflect on how to lead your subject. With the implementation of the new Ofsted Framework 2019, we will increase your awareness of the information you will need to discuss with other stakeholders; increasing your confidence in effectively leading your role.
|Presenters:||Joanne Thornhill (General Advisor – Learning Improvement Service) and Nancy Fletcher (SLE)|
|Date:||Monday 1st July 2019|
|Time:||13:00 – 16:30hrs|
|Venue:||Abbey House Hotel, Barrow-in-Furness, LA13 0PA|
* Please note that places are limited to two per school in the first instance. Additional places can be added to our waiting list. If you require more than two places, please add the additional names to your booking by selecting the “Waiting list places required?” checkbox and then entering the name(s) into the text box.