Conflict Management, de-escalation, physical intervention & restraint
An alternative to Team Teach – Techniques approved by The National Federation for Personal Safety.
This 1 day/6 hour course is an introductory training course designed for any person involved in working with children and young people who may demonstrate challenging behavior in college, school or nursery.
To equip staff with basic skills to manage down incidents and apply low level physical intervention techniques.
This is part of Total Train’s accredited Managing Challenging Behaviour programme.
By the end of the training the delegate will be able to:
- Explain how challenging behaviour can be managed down by proactive assessment and management
- Recognise how sensory integration and adverse childhood experiences etc may need to influence the management of a child
- Understand the person centred approach to behavior management vs the business centred approach, and the associated discrimination and child protection issues
- Explain the use of seclusion/calming areas/rooms
- Explain how educational needs, disabilities and medical conditions affect the safety and risk of tactical options
- Demonstrate the safe application of a selection of physical interventions and restraints
- Understand the basic adaptions for their demographics of staff and young people. Keeping staff and children safer
- Have free, unlimited access to Total Train for unlimited advice, update papers and information videos
Target Audience: Any person involved in working with children and young people who may demonstrate challenging behavior in college, school or nursery
|Presenters:||Joanne Caffrey – Total Train|
|Date:||21st June 2019|
|Time:||09:00 – 15:30|
|Venue:||Phoenix Business Centre, Phoenix Road, Barrow-in-Furness, LA14 2UA|