The Oxford Expert Speaker Programme brings the best known experts in education to events across the UK to share new ways of thinking about teaching and learning.
Oxford University Press is delighted to be working with Jean Gross CBE, and we’re very pleased to announce that we’ve secured Jean to deliver an Expert Event in Cumbria.
Jean will be delivering “Closing the Word Gap: What Really Works” on 2nd October 2019 at The Villa Levens, Brettargh Holt, Kendal, Cumbria, LA8 8EA. Places are limited to two per school in the first instance. Additional places can be added to our waiting list.
- The links between vocabulary and reading comprehension
- How to create communication-supportive classroom and school environments
- Whole-class approaches to developing vocabulary and wider language skills
- Choosing and implementing ‘catch-up’ strategies for those with limited language
- Good practice in supporting parents and carers to develop their children’s language skills
- 0900-09:30 Tea/Coffee & pastries on arrival – registration opens from 08:45hrs
- 09:30 Event Starts
- 11:00-11:15 Tea/Coffee & biscuits
- 13:00 Event Closes & delegates depart
Primary Head Teachers, SLT, Subject Leaders and Inclusion Leads
About Jean Gross
Jean Gross’s career in education as a teacher, an educational psychologist, author and an adviser to government is all about children who, one way or another, don’t have much going for them in their lives.
Her best-selling book. Time to Talk, now in its second edition, reflects the many examples of good practice she saw in her recent role as Communication Champion for children.
|Presenters:||Jean Gross CBE – Expert Speaker|
|Date:||Wednesday 2nd October 2019|
|Time:||09:00 – 13:00hrs (Registration from 08:45am)|
|Venue:||The Villa Levens, Brettargh Holt, Kendal, Cumbria, LA8 8EA|
Please note that the £25 charge is to cover the costs of the venue; welcome pastries & morning refreshments and event organisation. The PD element is paid for by Oxford University Press.
* Please note that places are limited to two per school in the first instance. Additional places can be added to our waiting list. If you require more than two places, please add the additional names to your booking by selecting the “require additional places?” checkbox and then entering the name(s) into the text box.