Look at practical ways to enrich the English primary curriculum so that learners develop empathy, respect for diversity and imagination, and to recognise their place in local, national and global communities.
Add inspiration, relevance and a world view into your English teaching! In this course, we look at practical ways to enrich the English Primary curriculum so that learners develop empathy, respect for diversity and imagination and to recognize their place in local, national and global communities.
Aims of the course:
- Inspire you and your pupils to take a world view in your English lessons
- Give you practical activities to bring the global dimension into English
- Help you to help your children develop their understanding of the social world and their empathy for it
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Lead an inspiring English lesson that incorporates a world view
- Use a range of activities to engage your children and share a global perspective with them
- Help your children become global citizens by developing their empathy, respect and understanding of their place in the world
Target Audience: This would be ideal for any Primary teachers looking for inspiration for their English teaching, including NQT’s, RQT’s and English subject leaders
|Presenters:||Margaret Longstaffe – CDEC|
|Date:||Thursday 21st March 2019|
|Venue:||Yarlside Academy, Redoak Avenue, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA13 0LH|